City of Cedar Hills | Public Works Technician I
$19.00 - $23.00 | DOE
This is a full-time, benefited, position involved with the public works for the City of Cedar Hills. The scope of this position is broad, ranging from duties which are somewhat technical to those which are labor-related.
- Performs a variety of entry level duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of City water supply, transmission and distribution system; monitors pump stations, water tanks, and metering equipment.
- Performs all duties related to municipal functions which may include technical assignments, duties, or tasks.
- Conducts routine to complex inspections of public works projects related to general improvements to public right-of-way, earthwork, surfacing, surface restoration, water and sewer lines, manholes, storm drains, curb, gutter, waterways,
sidewalks, signs, parks, etc. Install, maintain, and repair the same.
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, vehicles, and equipment.
- Discusses construction problems with contractor or personnel; evaluates scope of problems and determines alternate
courses of action; exercises professional judgment where errors could be costly.
- Additional duties performed as necessary.
- Able to work extended hours when necessary. Willing to be “on-call” for emergencies.
- Able to climb into and out of trenches for inspections.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Able to perform strenuous manual labor.
- Maintain a current and valid Utah Driver License; current and valid CDL or able to obtain CDL within 12 months of hire (If you have a current, valid CDL, with tanker endorsement, you would be eligible for a $1,000 one-time hiring bonus)
- Ability to work from blueprints and/or plans.
- Ability and skill in working as a team member in a team-oriented organization.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written, is essential; ability to deal effectively with staff and public.
- High School degree or equivalent
- One year of maintenance/repair experience related to general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, water systems, etc.
- Previous municipal experience in a Public Works, Water, and /or Sewer Department.
Gretchen Gordon, 10246 N Canyon Road, Cedar Hills, UT 84062 or email@example.com.
Only the information on or attached to the application will be used for screening purposes.