Centerville City | Water Maintenance Operator I
Date postedJuly 6, 2023
$19.92 - $23.91
Full Job Description
- Performs installation or repair of water service connections, performs pipe laying, water line repairs, repair or replacement of pressure regulators and fire hydrants; repairs water mains; maintains wells and booster pump stations; performs as a crew member in installing, maintaining, and repairing water lines.
- Monitors technical read-out equipment to determine system operational status; checks and maintains pump stations and proper reservoir levels; checks pipelines for leaks and makes necessary reports; monitors chlorinators to assure proper discharge essential to maintaining purification standards.
- Conducts backflow inspections to ensure water system is not contaminated; checks proper assembly is installed at proper locations; schedules appointments with businesses, notifies of backflow problems, prepares necessary reports.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools such as backhoe, rollers, jack hammers, compressors, packing machine, tapping machine, hydraulic pushing machine and tampers; cleans tools and equipment to ensure proper working condition; operates snow removal equipment as needed.
- Reads residential/commercial water meters for final reading for turn off date; replace or repair plugged water meters; informs city residents of water turn off and approximate time involved.
- Searches out shut off valves; water line leaks; assists in placement of pipe; thaws water pipes; repairs or replaces fire hydrants, and water regulators.
- Conducts water samples using proper sampling techniques and equipment.
- Responds to inquiries from citizens relative to water distribution and maintenance activities; promotes city image through positive public interactions; provides information and assistance to contractors as necessary; monitors construction activities within the public right of way to assure proper laying of new lines.
- Prepares reports of activities, samples and repairs; conducts parts inventory annually.
- Open July 5 - July 21 or until filled.
How/Where to Apply
Submit your completed online - Jobs • Centerville, UT • CivicEngage (centervilleutah.gov) or by mail/in-person at 250 N Main Street, Centerville UT 84014. For questions: (801) 292-8232, Contact Dave Walker. EOE, EOQ.