City of Cedar Hills | Seasonal Public Works Tech
Date postedMarch 14, 2023
City of Cedar Hills
$13.00 - $17.00
Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: This is a non-benefited, seasonal position with the Public Works and Water/Sewer functions of the City of Cedar Hills in the Public Services Department. The scope of this position is broad, ranging from duties which are somewhat technical to those which are primarily labor-related.
- Performs all duties related to municipal functions which may include technical assignments, duties, or tasks.
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, vehicles, and equipment.
- Maintenance of parks and open space.
- Performs routine maintenance on all City facilities.
- Additional duties performed as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to work extended hours when necessary.
- Able to climb into and out of trenches for routine maintenance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor.
- Maintain a current and valid Utah Drivers License.
- Ability and skill in working as a team member in a growing community and team-oriented organization.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written, is absolutely essential; ability to deal effectively with staff and public.
SALARY: Starting salary $13.00-$17.00/hour DOE SCHEDULE: Up to 40 hours per week. Seasonal Position: June - August
- One year of maintenance/repair experience related to general maintenance, landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, etc.
How/Where to Apply