Jacobs | Wastewater Operations Supervisor
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Jacobs is seeking a Licensed Wastewater Operations Supervisor to join our treatment team in Farmington, NM. As the Operations Supervisor you’ll work with project staff to oversee compliance reporting, maintenance of equipment and quality control testing. Partnering with other team members and our client, you’ll apply knowledge of the principles, methods and tools employed in the general operation of engines, pumps, valves, motors and related equipment, wastewater process control, permit compliance, and safe work practices. You’ll also have the opportunity to: monitor, record and operate the wastewater treatment plant, lift stations, SCADA system; diagnose operating problems and direct effective correction procedures; prepare required reports and maintain complete recordkeeping procedures; analyze recording instrument readings and laboratory test results and adjust various plant processes accordingly; perform plant inspections to determine efficiency of operations, cleanliness, and maintenance activities including remedial action in emergencies; supervise, evaluate and train employees and perform other duties as required.
**This position is ideal if you are a licensed operator looking to grow in your career and take the next step to become a supervisor.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- New Mexico Wastewater Treatment Level 3 Certification with the ability to obtain a Level 4 within 6 months
- Five years of experience in operating an activated sludge facility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Knowledge and experience in the principles and practices of wastewater treatment operations; chemical feed systems; general maintenance and operation of lift stations; safe work practices.
- Experience in Compliance Monitoring and Reporting including preparing and reviewing DMR (Discharge Monitoring Reports)
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems.
- Experience in utilizing CMMS Programs (Maintenance Connect) for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate teams and to respond to emergency situations