Pleasant View City | Mechanic/O&M Technician I & II
$22.25 - $30.74
On a full-time basis, the position performs routine maintenance on the City’s equipment, vehicles, and varying complexity of repairs. The position will also provide public work functions, including but not limited to streets, storm drain and parks.
Position Reports to: Public Works Director
Positions Supervised: None
FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
As Full-time Mechanic/O&M Technician I & II this position will be responsible for:
• Keeping the City’s fleet of equipment and vehicles in good operating condition through some routine maintenance and by performing any necessary repairs.
• Small engine service and repair.
• Keeping records of maintenance and repair activities.
• Track fuel usage and fuel orders.
• Maintain a neat and orderly shop.
• Suggest improvements to equipment specifications.
• Maintain OSHA Hazard Communication Standard requirements for MSDS.
• General knowledge of operating heavy and light equipment.
• Assists in various Public Works tasks as needed.
• Snow removal.
• Participate in On Call rotations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Efficiency (quantity of work done in given time).
• Safety (especially with operation of equipment and tools).
• Dependability (consistently at work and on time, follows instruction, etc.).
• Others as determined by the Public Works Director.
• Some work in a climate-controlled workshop environment with potentially dangerous tools, equipment, and materials; and occasionally works outdoors on vehicles or equipment, which may expose the employee to extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
• Must be able to perform frequent lifting or moving of objects associated with the duties of the position (vehicle/equipment parts, tools, etc.)
• Work involves significant standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling and/or sliding under vehicles/equipment, reaching, walking, etc.
• Tasks require a variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, related to walking standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and lifting. Talking, hearing and seeing essential to performing required job functions. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity exists. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability and discriminating thinking. Daily local travel required in normal course of public work job functions and performance.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION/EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED and One (1) years of specialized training directly related to above duties provided through professional workshops, in-service courses, or college.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as a mechanic and in a field directly related to above duties, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• ASE certification.
• Possess current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Advanced mechanical knowledge as it pertains to vehicles and a variety of equipment (light and heavy).
• Understanding of fleet management and work order software.
• Parts and supplies purchasing.
• Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, and safety regulations related to the operation and repair of vehicles and equipment.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Ability to correctly diagnose and repair mechanical failures.
• Ability to perform routine vehicle and equipment maintenance, and the documentation and record keeping of vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to weld effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively, especially relative to repair costs and alternatives, enabling others to make responsible fiscal decisions.
• Ability to operate heavy equipment of various kinds under varying conditions; develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, elected officials, local agencies, and the general public; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Skill in the operation of heavy mechanized equipment as required by the position.
This position is eligible for a competitive wage, health benefits, and retirement offerings.
A complete job description and employment application package can be found on the City’s website at www.pleasantviewcity.com. Or it may be picked up in person at Pleasant View City Hall, 520 W. Elberta Drive, Pleasant View, UT 84414, or by calling 801-782-8529. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The application may be submitted in person, by mail, or via email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Job Application for a Full-time Mechanic/O&M Technician I & II.”