Pleasant View City | Street/Storm Water Technician I
$26.25 - $37.52
The City of Pleasant View, Utah is seeking a Street/Storm Water Superintendent to provide support to the Public Works Director and City Staff. Under general supervision of the Public Works Director, this position performs duties such as planning and organizing daily acitivies of staff involving the maintenance of streets, storm water infrastructure, city vehicles, and equipment. The Street/Storm Water Superintendent is required to supervise and participate in the same work of division employees in the construction, maintenance, and repair of streets, storm drains, and other structures.
This position serves as the lead for the Street and Storm Water functions for the city. The position performs duties such as planning and organizing daily activities of staff involving the maintenance of streets and stormwater infrastructure, city vehicles, and equipment. The Street/Storm Water Superintendent is required to supervise and participate in the same work of division employees in the construction, maintenance, and repair of streets, storm drains, and other structures. The Street & Storm Water Superintendent works under the direction of the Public Works Director and work is reviewed through reports and results achieved.
Oversight of multiple department operations and/or multiple functional areas, various staff and resource support within this department and among other departments within the city.
Inspections of residential infrastructure development and construction improvements.
EPA stormwater management and enforcement.
Scheduling the work of division employees and determining needs for equipment and materials.
Operating any automotive or other equipment assigned to the crew(s).
Ensuring that proper safety devices and equipment are available and used in the work areas. Conducting on-site safety meetings with work crew(s) when applicable.
Assistance in the hiring process and leading the training of new employees in assigned tasks when necessary.
Estimating job material and equipment needs and ensuring that such items are delivered to applicable job sites.
Inspecting work performed by the crews to ensure quality, accuracy, and prescribed adequacy.
Preparing and maintaining daily and monthly activity reports as required.
Planning, organizing, managing, assisting and supervising the operations of the streets, storm sewers, mechanical maintenance, automotive fleet and related activities of the City.
Assuring proper maintenance of sand, salt and snow removal equipment for use duringthe winter. Assisting with snow plowing process.
Maintaining and tracking the inventory of various public works assets, such as signs, streets, curb and gutter, sidewalks, storm sewer systems and others.
Working to encourage and improve department operations, decrease liabilities, andimprove service.
Coordinating various efforts with the Public Works Director, including:
- Maintaining records to document adequacy, quality and timeliness of work performed.
- Investigating complaints made by members of the public and makes recommendations for corrective measures.
- Working in an extensive capacity within other functional areas, including making recommendations to the City Council (or other Boards and Commissions) on various issues, when required.
- Attending City Council, Planning Commission, Work Session, and Pre- Construction Meetings, etc., as needed or requested.
- Oversight of Department funds, evaluating and recommending rate restructuring, writing grants and proposals as a principal source to the department’s operations budget or the City’s General Fund, and/or facilitating intergovernmental financial support for operations.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and update of the City’s storm drain system and street master plans.
- As directed or delegated, evaluating and developing recommendations for current city infrastructure and anticipating additional needs for city growth.
- Evaluating and developing recommendations for engineering services and city-wide administration, procedures, policies and programs.
- Frequently working with community residents, businesses, elected officials and other community groups on various issues for internal and external matters.
- Coordinating with surrounding cities to coordinate efforts as deemed appropriate and to resolve mutual public works concerns.
- Regularly informing the public, residents and groups, on City issues, often in person.
- Developing and evaluating supervised staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Works Director.
- Required Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, or other related degree pertaining to a relevant field OR 3 to 5 years of experience in a comparable position at another city or in the private sector.
- Special Requirements:
- Possess a Regional Stormwater Inspector (RSI) certification.
- Possess a valid Utah Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Training in drug and alcohol supervisory skills.
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in the art of diplomacy and cooperative problem solving.
- Some skills in administration and office procedures.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in all types of weather for a prolonged period of time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, supervised staff, other employees, and elected officials.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to direct and supervise employees involved in simple infrastructure and maintenance programs.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate weather extremes in the work environment.
- Indoor work sites include temperature-controlled environments such as office buildings, vehicle interiors, and heavy equipment interiors.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and weather conditions such as heat, rain, snow, and freezing temperatures.
This position is eligible for a competitive wage, health benefits, and retirement offerings.
Applications and job description may be obtained at www.pleasantviewcity.com or at Pleasant View City Hall, 520 W. Elberta Dr, Pleasant View, UT 84414. Applications will be accepted starting October 11, 2022 and will remain open until filled, and can be submitted in person, mail or email to email@example.com.
Click the links below: Fill out an application using the first link. Use the second link to submit that completed application via email.