TTM Technologies | Waste Water Treatment Engineer
$90,000 + DOE
October 30, 2023
Job Title: Waste Water Treatment Engineer
Department: Environmental Health and Safety
Reports To: EHS Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 4/15/2021
Revised Date: 4/15/2021
Responsible for overseeing and ensuring wastewater and waste disposal compliance. Also responsible for environmental compliance, reporting requirements, obtaining regulatory approval, and evaluating and implementing strategies to ensure regulatory requirements are being met.
Must establish solid understanding of the principles of wastewater treatment processes and their applications.
Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices and effectively applies to waste water treatment discipline.
Supervises the work of engineers on the projects (s) including providing technical guidance and reviewing work and results.
Evaluate plant operations: assures proper adjustment of plant processes; coordinates sampling operations to assure proper balance of treatment steps and meeting effluent requirements; ensures the proper conduct of laboratory tests performed by operation staff.
Supervises WWT maintenance activities to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of equipment; verifies proper implementation of WWT preventive maintenance plan as well as the work order issuance for any corrective maintenance whenever required.
Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities. Recommend improvements and modifications whenever required.
Assists in all Process Engineering Matters related to WWT
Conducts inventories to maintain supply of bulk chemicals.
Coordinates waste stream classification, waste handling and disposal, and proper documentation generation and record keeping.
Performs inspections, maintains inspection records and generates reports for wastewater and pollution control
Equipment and hazardous waste.
Administers permits for air quality, hazardous waste, industrial discharge, tanks, and storm water discharge.
Completes reports pertaining to permits, community right-to-know EPA reporting of toxic chemicals, pollution
Prevention and incident reporting.
Maintains contingency plan and assists in coordinating emergency or hazardous material response.
Conducts and/or administers environmental audits including storm water and SPCC.
Conducts environmental engineering review of new processes, process changes, or changes to the facility.
Makes Recommendations, secures approval, and implements changes.
Ensures proper operation of plant water treatment equipment.
Prepares reports for Corporate including annual Key Performance Indicators.
Member of the Environmental Management Team and provides support for ISO 14001 compliance.
Completes monthly SPCC inspections; participates in periodic reviews of the SPCC program and revisions as necessary
Assists with quarterly storm water inspections; Completes mass balances for annual Toxic Release Inventory report (EPA) and annual Air Emission Inventory (DNR)
Assists with Air Permit compliance issues as assigned
Prepares and submits annual Hazardous Waste reports
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. chemical or environmental engineering, or physical sciences)
- 10+ years of experience in waste water treatment-engineering capacity.
- Must have experience in negotiation with governmental agencies.
- Experience in printed circuit board industry or chemical industry is preferred.
- Primarily 1st shift, but weekend and off-shift work may be required.
Summarize the minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the job.
A. Knowledge: Microsoft Office (or similar) computer programs.
B. Skill in: Excellent written and oral communication
C. Ability to: Communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding. To work closely with facility management, operations, and engineering personnel. Making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations. Excellent judgment is necessary in this high paced, rapidly changing industry.
D. Language Skills
Must be able to speak, read and communicate English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
A. MENTAL DEMANDS
- Problem solving where development of new solutions, methods, systems will result in a major impact on the company’s success. Implement own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes increasing efficiency.
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiply divide, and figure averages.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately. Participate in meetings and to give receive information several times per month.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately; to organize facts and figures; apply basic arithmetic.
- Conduct meetings to negotiate, explain, persuade, or present information.
B. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional sitting focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day.
- Daily sitting focusing on and operation of a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data foe over 60 minutes at a time. Travel required. Must be capable of climbing stairs and ladders. Must be capable of wearing a respirator and participating in the chemical emergency response team up to and including Level B response.
- Personal computer or terminal
- Production equipment
- Office environment. Air conditioning, fluorescent lights.
- Production environment, noise and safety precautions must be taken at all times.
- Close proximity to chemicals used in production.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies, Procedures, and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC. b) Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations. c) Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL). d) Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required. e) Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program.
THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES