Utility Service Worker I, II, III
$16.62 - $31.74
This is a full-time classified position working under the direction of the Public Works Director and Assistant Public Works Director. Successful applicant will have the opportunity to learn and perform a variety of skilled duties related to the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of utility service systems including streets, water transmission and distribution, wastewater collection, storm water control, and repair/maintenance of City roads, parks, water, storm water, and sewer systems, buildings, and other City facilities. Participate in snow removal duties. Receives project assignments and completion schedules; takes assigned equipment, materials and manpower to the appropriate site and completes the project as directed.
Successful Applicants will have the opportunity to:
• Start a career in the municipal setting.
• Become vested in the Utah Retirement system
• Obtain and retain the required certifications for Utility Service Worker I, II, III. (Sponsored by the City)
• Have a diverse skill set in utility infrastructure management and maintenance.
• Be a part of a motivated team.
• Be eligible for the full benefit package (health insurance, retirement, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and comp time)
• Cross train in all areas of Public Works, including but not limited to water, sewer, storm water, streets, buildings, equipment, etc.
• Show initiative and confidence in all duties that are assigned.
A. Requires High School diploma or GED and CDL License, Class B (or be able to attain license within 6 months)
B. Must possess or be able to attain at minimum within one year the following certifications: Water Certification (Distribution I), Certified Flagger.
C. Ability to work outside in extreme heat and cold.
D. Able to lift to 75 pounds.
E. Ability to perform tasks in a complete and accurate manner.
F. Demonstrated timeliness and follow-through on duties and assignments.
G. Ability to work well with other people.
H. Reliability and good attendance.
I. Positive work attitude: enthusiastic, confident, outgoing, helpful, committed.
J. Must be able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen