Two-day course with an exam on the second day
We are excited to announce that Rural Water Association of Utah has teamed up with the Utah Division of Water Resources and the Utah Division of Drinking Water to bring you our annual Water Conservation Certification!
The Water Conservation Certification is a two-day course with an exam on the second day. By obtaining this certification you will become knowledgeable in the following:
- Creating a culture of conservation - Preparing a Water Conservation Plan.
- Water system efficiency - Conducting a water loss audit.
- Metering / Measuring - pros & cons.
- How to start your own water check program - How to implement your own water conservation program.
- Creating / Amending conservation ordinances.
- Customer / Public relations & communication - Talking to the public about the knowledge and material available.
- Water conservation pricing and budgeting / Landscape watering times
- Setting up a leak detection program
- The impact of water conservation on wastewater systems
- How water conservation affects your water rights
- Secondary Systems - pros & cons
......and much more!
Renewing your Water Conservation Certification:
After obtaining your Water Conservation Certification, you may RENEW it by obtaining 1.8 Water Conservation related Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in a three year period beginning the January following the year you were certified.
KEEP UP ON CEUS -You may obtain Water Conservation Related CEUs by attending the following:
- Utah Water Conservation Forum - Annual Spring Conference
- Rural Water Association of Utah water conservation training -Nov. 5, 2018 | St George, UT (Online Registration Coming Soon in Fall of 2018)
- For all Water Conservation related trainings, please fill out the Submit CEU Form and submit the form to the Rural Water Association of Utah
All Water Conservation related CEUs obtained by attending training outside of Rural Water Association of Utah or the Utah Division of Water Resources must be submitted to Rural Water Association of Utah using the CEU Form.
- Conference CEUs: Submitted through Organization via CEU Form
- Training CEUs: Submitted through Organization via CEU Form
- Webinar CEUs: Submitted through Organization via CEU Form [Only 0.4 Webinar CEUs count towards the 1.8 required CEUs obtained during a 3 year period]
How To Renew Your Certification:
After you obtain your certification, you will be certified for a three year period. This three year period begins the January following the date you obtained your certification by passing the exam. This is also the time period you will begin to collect your CEUs. The certification expiration date will be the last day of December ending your three year certification period. You will be able to renew your certification by paying the $100 renewal fee & acquiring the required 1.8 CEUs. Please use the Renew Form: (Renew Form link will be available in 2020)
How Many CEUs Have You Acquired?
You can keep an eye on how many CEUs we have on record that you have acquired. [See how many CEUs you've aquired]