Water Conservation Certification
September 24-25, 2020 - Online Training & Testing with Real Time Instruction
The Rural Water Association of Utah (RWAU) has teamed up with the Utah Division of Water Resources and the Utah Division of Drinking Water to bring you an annual Water Conservation Certification opportunity.
The Water Conservation Certification course runs for two days, with an exam on the second day. Once you pass the exam you will have obtained your water conservation certification, which is renewable every 3 years.
By obtaining this certification you will become knowledgeable in the following:
- Creating a culture of conservation - Preparing a Water Conservation Plan.
- Water system efficiency - Conducting a water loss audit.
- Metering / Measuring - pros & cons.
- How to start your own water check program - How to implement your own water conservation program.
- Creating / Amending conservation ordinances.
- Customer / Public relations & communication - Talking to the public about the knowledge and material available.
- Water conservation pricing and budgeting / Landscape watering times
- Setting up a leak detection program
- The impact of water conservation on wastewater systems
- How water conservation affects your water rights
- Secondary Systems - pros & cons
Upcoming CEU Opportunities
You may obtain Water Conservation CEUs by attending the following upcoming trainings:
You can attend other conservation-related courses and get credit for those by submitting the form below. Get CEU credit for attendance at a Conservation related class such as
- Conference classes
- Webinars (Only 0.4 Webinar CEUs can count towards the 1.8 required CEUs during the 3 year period)
- Trainings (outside of the training opportunities listed above)
After you obtain your certification, you will be certified for a three year period. This three year period begins the January following the date you obtained your certification. The certification expiration date will be the last day of December, ending your three-year certification period. You will be able to renew your certification by paying the $100 renewal fee & acquiring & submitting (where necessary) the required 1.8 CEUs.