Water operator certification is a three-day course (unless taken at Annual or Fall Conference) that is designed to help attendees pass their state certification exam. Anyone who works or operates at a public water system in Utah, must be certified by the state.
This certification covers topics including:
- Distribution Operation & Maintenance
- Treatment Operation & Maintenance
- Pumps and Motors
- Safety & Security
- Rules & Regulations
- Water Math
The state has provided the certification requirements, along with helpful tools to get you through your certification.
We host a slew of certification trainings for you throughout the year. Check out our upcoming events to stay on top of your certification!
- Spring & Fall courses are virtual classes only
- Annual and Fall Conference classes are in person
In order to become certified, you will need to pass the state exam. There are many opportunities to take this exam:
- Paper Exams are available to those who take the exam at fall or annual conference. Those exams are proctored by the state.
- We proctor exams in the field and at our office year-round.