Source Protection Program
The RWAU Sourcewater Technician works with the DDW to provide assistance to water systems in completing their source protection plans. Additionally, water systems receive assistance in their regularly scheduled source protection plan updates. The RWAU Sourcewater Technician works with water systems to:
- Develop and implementing a plan to address the state specific source water protection needs of rural and small community water systems in the state.
- Provide assistance and support in facilitating the implementation of source water protection plans.
- Facilitate and mediating planning meetings between various cross jurisdictional entities.
- Provide assistance and support in source water protection planning.
- Provide presentations and assistance to local officials, community groups, and others.
- Respond to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
- The RWAU Source Protection Program is funded through USDA Farm Services via the National Rural Water Association.
Learn more about protecting our water resources.