Two Scholarships Available - Deadline: January 11th 2019
The RWAU Sourcewater Technician works with the DDW to provide assistance to water systems in completing their source protection plans. Additionally, water systems receive assistance in their regularly scheduled source protection plan updates. The RWAU Sourcewater Technician works with water systems to:
- Develop and implement a plan to address the state-specific source water protection needs of rural and small community water systems in the state.
- Provide assistance and support in facilitating the implementation of source water protection plans.
- Facilitate and mediating planning meetings between various cross jurisdictional entities.
- Provide assistance and support in source water protection planning.
- Provide presentations and assistance to local officials, community groups, and others.
- Respond to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters.
- The RWAU Source Protection Program is funded through USDA Farm Services via the National Rural Water Association.
Protecting Our Water Resources
Request to have Mike Osborn with RWAU come out to your community to present Source Protection at your Water Fair or Event!
Additional Source Protection Public Educational Resources
Water System Resources
Source Protection Program:
► DDW Source Protection Program
RWAU Sourcewater Technician:
► Email Mike Osborn above to request assistance with your Source Protection plan requirements.
Information on Fracking:
► Fracking: Is It Safe For Utah