East Grouse Creek Water Pipeline Company | Secretary/Board Treasurer
Date postedMay 2, 2023
East Grouse Creek Water Pipeline Company
(Based on Experience)
June 1, 2023
Full Job Description
The job will require a variety of duties related to managing the financial records and transactions as well as the procedural records of a private, member-owned culinary water system which generally include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies
- Handle mail and electronic correspondence in a timely manner
- Monitor and pay all payables as directed by the manager and board
- Invoice processing- research and entry
- Communication with shareholders
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Prepare timely receivable deposits
- Assist board of directors to verify status of delinquent accounts
- Provide support to Manager/operator as needed
- Prepare notices, agendas, minutes, budget proposals, and schedule membership and board meetings as directed by the manager and board of directors
- Process some County, State and Federal reports related to system maintenance as needed to assist Manager
- High School or GED equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
Tools & Equipment Used
- Personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Calculator, smart phone, mobile or portable radio
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.
- Experience may be preferred.
- knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software. (Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and is able to problem solve
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
Work from home; set own office hours; computer software and office supplies provided by the Company as approved by the Board of Directors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; talk or hear.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality: is consistently at work (must be able to self-regulate work hours); ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Communication: speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; listens without interrupting and asks questions to get clarification.
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security: observes data safety and cyber security procedures at all times; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Team Work: balances individual and team responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Dependability: follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate people with an alternate plan.
- Quality: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work vary. Additional hours of work can be expected from time to time outside of ordinary working hours. Expected to participate in on-call status.
East Grouse Creek Water Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to breastfeeding), national origin, age 40 or over, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or any other class or expression protected by applicable state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Suspension of Process Etc.
The Company reserves the right to reject any and all applicants; to waive any requirement set forth in this Announcement; and to hire anyone deemed to be in the Company’s best interest, all subject to legal requirements. Any application in response to this Announcement is at the applicant’s sole risk and expense. Although the Company anticipates hiring one of the applicants responding to this Announcement, there is no guarantee that any responding applicant will be hired.
How/Where to Apply
Applicants may request an application form @ Egrousecreekpipeline@gmail.com